CIS Controls Assessment Specification¶
The table of contents below and in the sidebar should let you easily access the documentation for your topic of interest. You can also use the search function in the top left corner.
The main documentation for the site is organized into sections for each individual CIS Control.
The “About the CIS Controls” section provides background information about the CIS Controls.
The “About the CIS Controls Assessment Specification” provides information about the Controls Assessment Specification including its purpose, methodology, and structure.
The “Contributing” section provides details on how you can contribute to the Controls Assessment Specification.
- CIS Control 1: Inventory and Control of Enterprise Assets
- CIS Control 2: Inventory and Control of Software Assets
- CIS Control 3: Data Protection
- CIS Control 4: Secure Configuration of Enterprise Assets and Software
- CIS Control 5: Account Management
- CIS Control 6: Access Control Management
- CIS Control 7: Continuous Vulnerability Management
- CIS Control 8: Audit Log Management
- CIS Control 9: Email and Web Browser Protections
- CIS Control 10: Malware Defenses
- CIS Control 11: Data Recovery
- CIS Control 12: Network Infrastructure Management
- CIS Control 13: Network Monitoring and Defense
- CIS Control 14: Security Awareness and Skills Training
- CIS Control 15: Service Provider Management
- CIS Control 16: Application Software Security
- CIS Control 17: Incident Response Management
- CIS Control 18: Penetration Testing