CIS Controls Assessment Specification¶
The table of contents below and in the sidebar should let you easily access the documentation for your topic of interest. You can also use the search function in the top left corner.
The main documentation for the site is organized into sections for each individual CIS Control.
The “About the CIS Controls” section provides background information about the CIS Controls.
The “About the CIS Controls Assessment Specification” provides information about the Controls Assessment Specification including its purpose, methodology, and structure.
The “Contributing” section provides details on how you can contribute to the Controls Assessment Specification.
- CIS Control 1: Inventory and Control of Hardware Assets
- CIS Control 2: Inventory and Control of Software Assets
- CIS Control 3: Continuous Vulnerability Management
- CIS Control 4: Controlled Use of Administrative Privileges
- CIS Control 5: Secure Configuration for Hardware and Software on Mobile Devices, Laptops, Workstations and Servers
- CIS Control 6: Maintenance, Monitoring and Analysis of Audit Logs
- CIS Control 7: Email and Web Browser Protections
- CIS Control 8: Malware Defenses
- CIS Control 9: Limitation and Control of Network Ports, Protocols and Services
- CIS Control 10: Data Recovery Capabilities
- CIS Control 11: Secure Configuration for Network Devices, such as Firewalls, Routers and Switches
- CIS Control 12: Boundary Defense
- CIS Control 13: Data Protection
- CIS Control 14: Controlled Access Based on the Need to Know
- CIS Control 15: Wireless Access Control
- CIS Control 16: Account Monitoring and Control
- CIS Control 17: Implement a Security Awareness and Training Program
- CIS Control 18: Application Software Security
- CIS Control 19: Incident Response and Management
- CIS Control 20: Penetration Tests and Red Team Exercises